5-minute Berry Jam
You can get into trouble. You can dance a little jig. (what’s a jig anyways)? You can check your facebook. You can make funny faces in the mirror.
you can toast some damn bread for this awesome jam!
- 12 oz of fresh raspberries
- ½ ts lemon juice
- 1½ cup sugar
- Microwave your sugar for about a minute.
- In a heavy bottomed pot, tumble in your raspberries and set the heat on low.
- Gently press the berries with a masher to begin to release some of its juices.
- Bump up the heat to medium and your berries will begin to softly burst.
- Slowly sprinkle in your sugar. Stir. Don’t allow the sugar to crystallize on the sides of your pot.
- After all the sugar is dissolved, bump up your heat to medium-high and dribble in your lemon. Allow it to bubble for a few more minutes.
- Your jam is ready when it’s reduced a bit and when you dip a spoon into it, it nicely coats the back of your spoon. (Also, keep in mind that the jam will thicken even further as it cools).
- Store in sterilized jars. Mine kept for a month and a half.
If you don’t have bread, you can dip your finger when it’s cool and eat it that way until it’s all gone. (I kid)