Kimchi with Fresh Oysters
The most important staple food in Korean cuisine, no table is complete without it!
Author: The Squishy Monster
- Large head of Napa cabbage
- ¼ c coarse sea salt
- ½ cup of Korean pepper flakes (Gochugaru)
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ tb ginger
- 3 green onions
- ½ tb fish sauce
- ½ tb of baby brine shrimp
- 1 c previously frozen oysters
- Soak your sliced leaves in a combination of water and salt for at least 2 hours.
- Turn over the leaves whenever you remember to.
- To make the paste, in a glass bowl, combine your flakes, garlic, ginger, Ggreen onions, fish sauce, and shrimp. Work in with your gloved hands into a thick, chunky paste.
- Drain your brine well and begin working your paste into your leaves. Massage and mix.
- When your cabbage obtains a deep homogenous red color and the larger bits of pepper flakes have now melted away, introduce your oysters into your bowl. (These you don't want to squeeze).
- Carefully fold your oysters in.