From Cupcakes to Traditional Korean Food and Everything in Between

A First For Everything

Call me crazy but I don’t remember my first kiss but I can tell you the exact moment I had my first forkful of baked spaghetti or frozen grapes.  That is crazy, huh?  I do however, remember our 6th grade “kisses.”  Mr. Meserve took us out in pairs to experience kisses with the name scribbled on our scrap of paper that we all pulled from a hat.  Thump-thump!  You could hear everyone’s heart beating in their throats as we watched 2 heads duck out only to rush back in, their faces plastered with wide smiles.  It was my turn when I discovered we were trading kisses of the chocolate variety, not the cherry chap stick kind (sorry Katy Perry)…who btw, is a robot.  Have you seen this girl?  Does she ever blink?

As we get older, that special 4th of July display of fireworks that brandish a special first experience seems to slowly dissolve.  This blog helps remind me that it’s little moments built upon other moments that make up life and it’s all how you perceive them that make them special.

My first time seeing a cicada.

My bff’s first time eating oysters ever.

My first time at this famed spot.

and just for fun, here’s a throw-back circa 1989

My “first love.”  The puppy dog sort.  I still remember playing house with him like we were grown ups.

I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th (or weekend, depending on where you live).  I’m still technically off from work so the rest of the day will be filled with visiting the blueberry farm, donating blood (the American Red Cross is open today!), maybe some swimming and lots of fish tacos.

Your Squishy Monster

28 thoughts on “A First For Everything

• Charles says:

Ah, cicadas… I remember my first time hearing those when I went to the south of France in the middle of the summer. Damn those things are deafening!

• Lester says:

I heard years ago Lucile is , alive, and well. I would love to see her again. I have not since the first grade.

• Libby says:

I’m glad they were chocolate kisses too. I was thinking to myself, WTF kind of a school is this?!?!?

• I Wilkerson says:

I can remember my first drink, my first airplane flight, and the first day of my first “grown-up” job! What a fun post!

• Louise says:

So delighted you popped by my blog. And what a wonderful introduction!!! Let’s see, first kiss…

Thanks Louise!! (I’m very fond of that name as I’ve recently become obsessed with Bob’s Burgers) lol

• Cucina49 says:

What an incredible post–my first love came through Alaska with his family two weeks ago and it was so much fun to see him. It’s been YEARS and it’s nice to still be in touch with him.

• Lester says:

No. You should never be called crazy Angie. I still remember when I was four way back in the sixties.I remember the first girl I kissed and I remember Lucile In kindergarten kissing me on the cheek.lol.Not every one has my great memory I know.
    First experiences are great! Life and being alive are also! Another day another way and chance I say!

The new youtube vid Is not up yet, however this is a great close up view of what my towns fire works celebration is like Angie.

We had a good one in spite of our loss etc.

Have a great day!

xoxoxo.

• Frank says:

July 4th weekend and bbq … a great match!

• Sissi says:

It’s funny but I also remember lots of details of the memorable food or dishes I tastes for the first time.

• Hotly Spiced says:

Happy belated 4th of July. I love how you were going to visit a blueberry farm. That’s not something we get to do around here but I can imagine berry picking would be wonderful way to spend a day xx

It was way too hot for the farm so I think I’m going next weekend instead. I will def. update about it =D

• Waegook Tom says:

Ahh I remember my first kiss – I was 16 (yes, 16) and it was rather awkward, with it being a girl and me being, well, a giant homosexual and all. That is crazy that you can remember what outfit you were wearing when you had your first taste of baked spaghetti!

This is such a sweet post Angie, thanks for sharing :)

I remember all sorts of awkward moments at 16. 16 is a weird time and I don’t know if I’d do it again :)

• Reeni says:

This is such a cute post! You have me thinking of all my firsts. I was like “what??” when you were telling about the teacher sending you for your first kiss! My first kiss was in kindergarten – a curly red-haired boy named Chris kissed me on the cheek and asked me to marry him.

I was so nervous! I still smile when I eat a chocolate kiss =D awwww I can see ‘ole curly mop o hair Chris now =D

• CCU says:

What a cute post my friend :D
    Happy belated 4th!

• Jessica says:

glad to hear they were chocolate kisses i definitely was saying to myself “the are too you to be learning kissing!!” hahah yes you have to enjoy those moments in life, i love seeing the little snapshots of yours :D

-Jessica

• LOL your school teacher was funny.

I don’t remember my first kiss but I love my first cup of coffee in the morning.

I made you a cup ☜♥‿♥☞