Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Your wallet + your veggie friends will love you!
I don’t know about you, but in my house, I go through eggs and butter like water. There’s nothing more satisfying than opening up a door to a fully stocked pantry, cupboard or fridge but on sadder days, I have [maybe] a 1/2 stick of butter and an empty carton of eggs. Confession #564, I’d rather have a well stocked pantry than a Carrie Bradshaw closet. I wish the neighborhood would allow me to keep hens I know that not everyone feels this way (for a variety of reasons), but I happen to love eggs. I use them often when I bake and love them any which way to eat.
So, on those days that you don’t feel like running out (or you’re a vegan–kudos to you because I never could figure out how to maintain it), these are my go -to. Quick, easy, and indulgent, these will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1½ c unbleached flour
- 1 ts baking soda
- ½ ts fine salt
- 1 c warm water
- 1 c sugar
- ½ c unsweetened cocoa
- ½ tb instant coffee
- ⅓ c canola oil*
- 1 tb apple cider vinegar
- 2 ts vanilla
- 1 c creamy peanut butter
- 5 tb spectrum/earth balance shortening or butter
- ¼ ts fine salt
- 1 ts vanilla
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2-3 tb coconut milk**
- Melted chocolate/or "ganache"***
- Chopped peanuts
- In your first bowl, sift in your flour, soda, and salt.
- In your second bowl, whisk together your water, sugar, cocoa and coffee.
- In your third bowl, beat together your oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Next, blend in your second bowl (to your third bowl) and slowly sprinkle in your first bowl (in three separate additions or so).
- Remember not to over mix and bake at 350 for 17-22 minutes.
- For the frosting, cream together your peanut butter and "butter/shortening." Add in your salt and vanilla. Slowly add in your powdered sugar and alternate with your "milk." Add in more "milk" or powdered sugar as needed.
- Finish off by pressing chopped peanuts on top and drizzle over with chocolate.
Showin’ love to my vegan peeps
Your Squishy Monster ^.^