Kimchi Jjigae (with Tuna)
Author: The Squishy Monster
Recipe type: Soup/Stew
- 4 strips of chopped bacon
- 2 ts minced garlic
- ½ tb Korean pepper flakes
- ½ sliced onion
- 1 c roughly chopped well fermented kimchi
- 1 can tuna (packed in olive oil)
- 1½ c water (or chicken broth) + 1 c kimchi broth
- ¼ block of cubed tofu
- Green onions (to scatter)
- Optional: Glass noodles
- Fry your bacon.
- Stir in your onion, garlic, and pepper flakes.
- Add your kimchi and allow it to soften a bit.
- Tumble in your tuna.
- Tip in your liquids. Allow it to bubble.
- Top with tofu and sprinkle with lots of green onions.
Additionally, you could boil this together with pork neck bones, brisket, seafood (really anything you'd like).
Recipe by The Squishy Monster at http://www.thesquishymonster.com/2012/12/kimchi-jjigae-with-tuna.html