Author: The Squishy Monster
- 1¾ cups of flour
- 1½ ts baking powder
- 1½ ts baking soda
- 1 ts salt
- 1 cup of hot coffee + 2 cups of sugar + ¾ cups of unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup of whole room temperature buttermilk
- ½ cup of canola oil (or veggie)
- 2 ts of good vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 c soft unsalted butter
- 6-8 c *sifted* powdered sugar
- 1 ts pure vanilla extract
- 3-4 ts pure peppermint extract
- ½ ts fine salt
- 2-4 tb cream
- In your first bowl, sift together your flour, powder, soda, and salt.
- In your second bowl, blend together your coffee and sugar.
- In your third bowl, whisk together your buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Drop in one egg at a time.
- Combine your second and third bowl.
- In three separate additions, sprinkle in your first (dry) bowl into your wet bowl. Do not over mix.
- Scoop into cupcake liners and bake at 350 for 17-20 minutes.
- Take out of the pan and cool completely.
- For the buttercream, blend together your butter and powdered sugar (adding in your sugar a bit at a time). Tip in your extracts. salt, and cream. Cream until well blended and fluffy.
- Frost and decorate.
Recipe by The Squishy Monster at http://www.thesquishymonster.com/2012/12/peppermint-mocha-cupcakes.html