Author: The Squishy Monster
- 1¾ c unbleached flour
- ½ ts salt
- ½ ts baking powder
- ½ ts baking soda
- 2 ts pumpkin spice*
- 1 stick soft unsalted butter
- ⅓ c brown sugar
- ⅔ c unsulphured molasses
- 2 room temperature eggs
- ⅔ c whole buttermilk
- 16 oz soft cream cheese
- 2-3 c *sifted* confectioners sugar (but it's really up to how sweet you like it)
- 1 ts pure vanilla
- ¼ ts fine salt
- Optional: orange zest
- candied ginger, chopped
- In your first bowl, sift together all your dry ingredients.
- In your second bowl, cream together your butter and sugar.
- Slowly drip in your molasses and one egg at a time.
- Tip in your buttermilk and make sure your second bowl is well blended together.
- In 3 separate additions, mix your dry bowl with your wet bowl. Take care no to over mix.
- Scoop into a lined cupcake tin and bake at 350 for 19-22 minutes. Do not over bake.
- While your cakes cool, cream together your cream cheese and sugar. Add in your vanilla and salt.
Recipe by The Squishy Monster at http://www.thesquishymonster.com/2012/12/gingerbread-cupcakes.html