Gravy Cheese Fries Poutine
Author: The Squishy Monster
- 2 large russet potatoes (or more)
- Peanut/Canola Oil
- 2 tb unsalted butter or bacon grease
- 2 tb all purpose, unbleached flour
- 2 cups warm broth
- Optional: 1 tb of heavy cream, cognac/brandy, garlic/herbs
- Cut your scrubbed potatoes into 1/2" planks.
- Rinse and submerge them into a bowl of cold water for about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry thoroughly.
- Toss with oil/aromatics and bake at 450 for about 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- For the gravy, melt your butter/grease and sprinkle in your flour.
- Whisk/stir for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in your broth and continue whisking. Cook for 3-5 minute until thickened and season.
Recipe by The Squishy Monster at http://www.thesquishymonster.com/2013/01/poutine.html