Oreo Mummy Pops
That’s what she said…
No really, that is what my girlfriend said
As we sat enjoying our silly, frivolous 12-specification holiday lattes, we got to talking about how everything from dessert shooters to things-on-a-stick seemed to be all the rage. Then, when I got an email asking if I could whip up a tutorial on something so easy that kids can do it, I decided that oreo mummy pops were just the thing. “So easy, a kid can do it!”
- Oreos (I like Newman-O’s)
- Lollipop Sticks
- White Chocolate Bark, melted
- Dark Chocolate, melted
- Sandwich Bags
- Split each cookie and gently nudge a lollipop stick dipped in white chocolate into the centers (melt your chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second waves). Press the two cookie halves together, using the melted chocolate as “glue.” Pop into the fridge to set for 20 minutes.
- When they’re ready, bathe each pop into your white chocolate, ensure you cover the sides and tops. Stick each dipped pop onto styrofoam to set.
- Spoon your leftover white chocolate and dark chocolate into 2 separate sandwich bags and make a tiny snip at the ends.
- Dot a pair of eyes onto each pop and use the white chocolate bag to streak on “bandages.”
- Allow this to set as well.
I hear that during the entire month of October, sweets are half as bad for you–haha!
Your maybe-not-a-good-liar Squishy Monster ^.~