Silken Tofu Seafood Soup Soondubu Jjigae 순두부 찌개
You’re in the right place! This soup delivers heat in two ways. First, it’s hot and bubbly and then, it’s red and spicy (but not so much that you’ll double over). As always, you can tailor fit this to your own personal taste. Don’t like that kick? Remove the jalapeños and scale back the pepper flakes (though Korean flakes are without the seeds and much milder).
For me, it’s like an aphrodisiac. I love spicy and hot dishes and seafood is my favorite, and there’s something so subtly seductive about a personal pot of fierce aromatic bubbles that almost has a lulling effect on you as you slurp your way through. It’s like the food version of a roaring fire and that’s always sexy
- 6 c Mushroom Broth (or Water)
- ¼ c dried Anchovies
- 2 Kelp pieces
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Jalapeño Peppers
- 1 Onion
- 1 tb Fish Sauce
- 2 tb Korean Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 ts Sesame Oil
- 2 c Seafood (of your choice)
- 12 oz Silken Tofu
- 3 Green Onions
- 1 Egg
- Simmer your broth, anchovies, and kelp for 15-20 minutes on medium/low.
- Toss in your garlic, peppers, onion, fish sauce, pepper flakes, and sesame oil and allow it to reach a fierce boil.
- Carefully slide in your seafood, crumble in your tofu, and crack in your egg.
- Sprinkle with your chopped green onions allow it to bubble just until your seafood is cooked and your egg is set.
Wishing you a hot & steamy weekend (I’ll be over there, cuddling with a box of cookies, haha)
Your Squishy Monster ^.~