White Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes
White chocolate isn’t technically chocolate at all but it gets away with it because it’s pretty. She doesn’t contain any cacao and is simply just cocoa butter + milk + sugar but buyer beware, lower end bars/chips substitute shortening for cocoa butter. Though, I’m a big fan of darker chocolate that yields at least a 75% cocoa range, I like to mix it up sometimes, indulging in some buttery white chocolate. There’s something that can be so sublime about biting into a pure, milky white bar.
- 1¾ c unbleached Flour
- 1 ts Baking Powder
- ½ ts fine Salt
- 1 stick softened, unsalted Butter
- ¾ c Sugar
- 2 ts pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 room temperature Eggs
- 4 oz melted White Chocolate
- 1 c room temperature Buttermilk
- In your first bowl, sift together all your dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In your second bowl, begin by creaming together your butter and sugar.
- Tip in your vanilla and then, your eggs.
- Slowly stream in your melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle in ⅓ of your dry mixture (bowl 1) and alternate with your buttermilk. Be mindful not to over mix and begin and end with your dry.
- Bake at 350 for 19-22 minutes. Half way through the baking time, pop a truffle into each cupcake.
I hope everyone has a sweet day!
Your Squishy Monster ^.~