If mama taught you how to be patient, you can definitely make these decadent and creamy chocolate truffles with no problem. I on the other hand, am terrible at waiting.
Patience is a virtue that I do not have BUT if you master the waiting part, you’ll have some yummy little chocolate ganache drops to share with your loved ones.
- 2½ cups of good quality bittersweet or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup cream + 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tb liquor (bourbon/whiskey, rum, grand marnier, kahlua, frangelico, etc)
- Sprinkle of salt.
- Heat your cream until it gently bubbles. Scrape your vanilla bean and submerge it into the heated cream.
- Slowly drip it into your chocolate. The heat should slowly melt it. Stir until glossy.
- Tip in your liquor.
- Sprinkle in your salt.
- Chill for 5-6 hours.
- Scoop out with a mini cookie scoop.
- Roll in crushed candies, nuts, cocoa, even dip in more chocolate!
Mr. Snowman & I Love You!!!