From Cupcakes to Traditional Korean Food and Everything in Between

There Will Be Rainbows

“Rides in the whirlwind, and directs the storm.”  Joseph Addison

Whether this be or not be in reference to an Angel, I think it’s perfectly applicable to the present influx of stormy weather here.  Thunder and rain has been my frenemy.

When I was little, I always thought that thunder was merely the sound of Angels bowling in the Heavens.

Take a look at this:

Eek!

Is there anything quite like the mischievous brewing of a storm?

On the bright side, daddy’s Korean hot peppers are thriving.

The weekend started off with some delicious “Saltimbocca.”  Not quite, but it was a great effort.  Delicious, nonetheless.

Vino + Pizza.

I got my first tattoo

and went to go see Batman, The Dark Knight Rises.

(In regards to the Aurora/James Holmes shooting, last I gathered, authorities have yet to unveil a motive and 30 people still remain in the hospital) :(

My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays safe!

Your Squishy Monster

21 thoughts on “There Will Be Rainbows

• Sissi says:

Tattoo! Wow! I hope it didn’t hurt too much… Luckily we have a nice weather now. We have had an awful spring, so we have merited a nice summer I suppose :-)

It didn’t hurt at all and I was so surprised…my friend was freaking me out right before and I guess it was to hype it up so it wouldn’t be so bad afterwards, lol.

• Yeasol says:

AHHH love the new ink :)
    I’ve been wanting another one for some time now and I’m making a trip to Boston next month so I can go back to the guy who did my first one :)
    Plus, I want a little side cross on my finger but most people won’t tat on fingers because they fade :(

xoxox

• Cucina49 says:

You packed a lot into your weekend! I love your description of thunder–we don’t get it often here in Alaska, but I miss the sound of a good Midwestern thunderstorm.

I’m going to have to keep that in mind the next time I hear thunder!

• awesome tattoo!!!! omg i can relate to that weather, but add a one to the front. it was 110 yesterday BLAH!

• so hilarious about your thoughts on thunder. very cute. :)

• yay says:

I used to have a tattoo on the same spot, except it was a star.

Batman is my favorite,haven’t seen the new one yet.
    I like a good thunder storm

• CCU says:

That storm looks crazy!!! But I love how it looks anyway :P
    Your tattoo is soooooooo cool! Did it hurt? I’m underage but will be getting one next year at 18!!! YAY!
    And I saw the Dark Knight Rises last night – OMG so utterly – I’m left incapable of speech ;)
    I heard about the Colorado shootings and too send my prayers out for those involved – I still cannot fathom why :(

It was definitely good. Last I heard, he was heavily sedated or something. Such a brilliant guy, it’s very unfortunate :(

• LESTER says:

We had some of that wicked weather here a few days ago. Lightning still kind f shakes me after the lightning went through a cable tv/computer line and destroyed computers and tv;s all over my town( INCLUDING OURS!0 3 years ago! Lit the turned off tv and computer in my condo up Like lightning was in the screens( IT WAS!!) No one was hurt , no fire.Hot melted equipment!

Cute tatoo. LOVELY Angie! I can not take pain and rather draw paint on paper myself , lol.I always respectfully truthfully say well what ever makes people happy and does not hurt others is fine.I wonder why lovely ladies like you Angie want to to tatoo something( You) that is already better than a lovely work of art?

Angie I once was at a convenience stor near my home.I bought some gatoraide.It was a h hot HOT , HOT! day! The Lady I had known her casually for 2 years said she recently got a BIG butterfly tatoo. Well now being older and wiser I would be more careful, However a twenty something Lester asked her Oh, where is it? It? would be nice to see it..Lol! WELL she said Oh honey you can see it Lester come close( Good her boss or no one else was in the store. SHE OPENED HER BLOUSE SO FASt I got Chest pains in my legs,lol and SHOWED ME THE BIG BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY TATOO ON BOTH HER BREASTS! Tru story.
    Have a wonderful week end dear Angie! Take care.

xoxoxo.

• LESTER says:

Yes Angie my thoughts and prayers are with the families, victims, survivors of the horrible/hellish shooting. Sad to say I fear we will see mor e of this sort of evil in future..

All the food looks great!!

W